Hi Charlie,
Please note that Annex I for both Directives lists the essential requirements. Annex I makes no mention of declarations of conformity (DOCs). Again, the article addressing DOCs in each directive has not been identified with a delayed application. Also, there is no essential requirement in the old directives that are contradicted in the new directives. Hence, a product declared compliant to the new directives is automatically compliant with the old soon-to-be-repealed directives.

By the way, updates to the essential requirements are minor and actually provide more information.

 * EMC Directive 2014/30/EU Annex I reduces the description of fixed
   installation requirements to the first sentence of what was in the
   old Directive 2004/108/EC Annex I section 2:  "A fixed installation
   shall be installed applying good engineering practices and
   respecting the information on the intended use of its components,
   with a view to meeting the essential requirements set out in point
   1."  The old Directive 2004/108/EC Annex I section 2 also adds
   "Those good engineering practices shall be documented and the
   documentation shall be held by the person(s) responsible at the
   disposal of the relevant national authorities for inspection
purposes for as long as the fixed installation is in operation." This is really not appropriate to be listed as an EMC essential
   requirement.  The new EMC Directive 2014/30/EU correctly moves this
   statement to the last paragraph of Article 19 section 1 because
   Article 19 is a whole article discussing the requirements unique to
   fixed installations.  Please note that other electrical equipment
   that are not fixed installations also have records retention
   requirements, and those records retention requirements were never
   listed in the essential requirements.
 * Low Voltage Directive 2014/30/EU Annex I removes from the essential
   requirements one requirement that was in the old Directive
   2006/95/EC Annex I section 1(c):  "The brand name or the trade mark
   should be clearly printed on the electrical equipment or, where that
   is not possible, on the packaging." However, the new Low Voltage
   Directive 2014/30/EU still addresses this requirement but places
   this requirement in Article 6 section 6:  "Manufacturers shall
   indicate on the electrical equipment their name, registered trade
   name or registered trade mark and the postal address at which they
   can be contracted or, where that is not possible, on its packaging
   or in a document accompanying the electrical equipment."

Again, if you comply with the new directives of 2014, then you also comply with the old soon-to-be-repealed directives.

Please provide an official European Union (EU) document that confirms that "Declarations against these new Directives cannot be issued until 20 April 2016 as they have no legal standing until then."

Monrad
Note: All opinions written above are my own and are not necessarily those of any company I work for.
<http://www.oracle.com>