All,

You may want to reach out to the National Committee in your Country, For
the US National Committee (USNC), the best point of contact would be Joel
Solis at NEMA who serves as the Secretary.  They might be able to bring
this up at a future CB Scheme meeting and encourage all countries to
establish similar guidelines for mentioning alternate components in CB
reports.

Brian is correct about the NRTL Program removing component standards from
its list of appropriate test standards.  The NRTL Program was never
intended to include components as it only applies to end products used in
the workplace, but over the years, some predominantly component standards
were added to the list, and OSHA is in the process of removing those
standards. That said, NRTLs will still be allowed to accept component
certifications from others when evaluating end products.

Kevin Robinson
a.k.a The OSHA NRTL Director Guy :-)
robinson.ke...@dol.gov