Van: John Woodgate [mailto:j...@jmwa.demon.co.uk]
Verzonden: woensdag 27 mei 2015 18:34
Aan: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Onderwerp: Re: [PSES] Radio in class A product

In message
<99532047d6a52847ab271f822ae9efdc0177787...@cktexmb03.cds.int>, dated
Wed, 27 May 2015, "Paasche, Dieter" <dieter.paas...@christiedigital.com>
writes:

>My opinion is that product and radio have to be tested separately and
>test the product to EN 55022/24 (without radio, or with the 2.4 GHz
>transmission frequency filtered), and the radio or radio module by
>itself under EN 31489-1. Is that correct?

In Europe, there is no absolute 'correct', there is only a plausible
explanation in your EMC assessment. I think it is perfectly plausible to
say that the presence of a Wi-Fi module cannot change a Class A product
to Class B. So do your 2-part testing as you propose, but make sure you
explain very clearly what you did **and why** in your EMC assessment.

>Where can I find the right interpretation?

Probably nowhere yet. The link between EN 301 489-1 (note the correct
reference) and Class B can be considered an anomaly, highlighted by the
introduction of the new Radio Equipment Directive. There may be many
such anomalies, some of which may be corrected, but it will take much
time.
--
OOO - Own Opinions Only. With best wishes. See www.jmwa.demon.co.uk When
I turn my back on the sun, it's to look for a rainbow John Woodgate, J M

emc-pstc discussion list. To post a message to the list, send your
e-mail to <emc-p...@ieee.org>

Attachments are not permitted but the IEEE PSES Online Communities site
at http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in
well-used formats), large files, etc.

Website:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/
Instructions:  http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to