Greetings.

I would love to hear your story about dealing with the EAC mark and shipping
products to Russia. Though most all countries have laws, acts, or directives on
the books, most are not enforced across the board, yet focuses primarily on
mass produced consumer electronics, computers, etc.. Individual or custom built
equipment, such as scientific/laboratory equipment generally gets in such
countries without much trouble.

However, our department has been asked to looking into the current status of
the EAC marking and what it takes to get single built instruments into Russia.
Any information on this would be helpful.

We have talked to a couple 3rd party labs and of course they want the entire
gambit including full certification testing for Safety, EMC, and RoHS by an
accredited lab and a full certification program with factory inspections, the
works, blah blah blah.  This approach is totally out of the question for the
few products that we sell into this market.  Let's be reasonable here.

So far we haven't had any issues (unless we include a PC in the shipment) but
if things are changing we would like to stay on top of things.

I would love to hear from you.  Thanks for all comments and stories.

The Other Brian

LECO Corporation Notice: This communication may contain confidential
information intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you received this by
mistake, please destroy it and notify us of the error. Thank you.