If so, it would not be the first time governments have used existing regulations to erect trade barriers.

Cortland Richmond

2017 5:45 PM, John Allen wrote:

Probably due to Putin’s desire to promote (by any means – including regulation!) for *everything* to be done in Russia, not elsewhere!

John E Allen

W. London, UK

*From:*Carl Newton [mailto:emcl...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* 03 December 2017 22:20
*To:* EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
*Subject:* Re: [PSES] EAC Mark in Russia

Brian,

I occasionally do work for a very large ITE product company with a worldwide presence and so I've been involved in international certs for a few of their products. This year we learned that Russia started to reject all EAC certs not issued by a Russian national lab. The other CU nation's certs were being rejected. I believe that Belarus has been working on legal action against Russia with the position that Russia is violating agreements. But I had to obtain a 2nd EAC cert from a Russian lab so that this company could resume their exports to Russia. The big-name labs with global market access groups that I spoke with are aware of this. This was the status as of mid-summer.

Best regards,

Carl