From: John Woodgate <j...@woodjohn.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 22:14:46 +0100
To: <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [PSES] ESD question

Yes, that's what Annex A says, but it's still a stone tablet. 'determined',
'shown'; by whom? when?  I'm not attacking the committee, because it may
well be impossible to do better. But we should understand what sort of
information or data we are using. I have been known to liken most of EMC
testing to 'measuring jelly (Jello) with a micrometer'.

John Woodgate OOO-Own Opinions Only
J M Woodgate and Associates www.woodjohn.uk <http://www.woodjohn.uk>
Rayleigh, Essex UK

On 2018-06-19 22:05, Ken Javor wrote:

>  Re: [PSES] ESD question Thank you!
>
>  Ken Javor
>  Phone: (256) 650-5261
>

> From: "Schaefer, David" <david.schae...@tuvsud.com>
> <mailto:david.schae...@tuvsud.com>
>  Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 20:56:57 +0000
>  To: Ken Javor <ken.ja...@emccompliance.com>
> <mailto:ken.ja...@emccompliance.com> , "EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG"
> <mailto:EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>  <EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
> <mailto:EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
>  Conversation: [PSES] ESD question
>  Subject: RE: [PSES] ESD question
>
>  Ken,
>
>  Annex A in the 2008 edition has this to say:
>
>  A.7 Selection of elements for the ESD generator
>  A storage capacitance shall be used which is representative of the
> capacitance of the human
>  body. A typical value of 150 pF has been determined suitable for this
> purpose.
>  A resistance of 330 Ohms has been chosen to represent the source resistance
> of a human body
>  holding a metallic object such as a key or tool. It has been shown that this
> metal discharge
>  situation is sufficiently severe to represent all human discharges in the
> field.

http://product-compliance.oc.ieee.org/ can be used for graphics (in
well-used formats), large files, etc.

Website:      http://www.ieee-pses.org/