What is the Source Document for the Nameplate Voltage, Current, etc. Rating
Nomenclature (if there is one)?

Examples one might find on a typical electronic equipment;

115/230V~  50/60Hz  8/4A
100-120/220-240V~ 50/60Hz 8/4A

We try to match this information in our User's Manual. However, our Technical
Writers are telling me that according to International Writing blah blah blah,
we can no longer use dashes (replace with the work "to"),  and that we have to
have a space between numbers and the unit indicator.

So here is what they want in the manual;

100 to 120 / 220 to 240 V~  50 / 60 Hz  8 / 4 A

I have no objections to these new rules in the manual, but as far as the
Nameplate label goes, we are always tighting for space and as you can see the
"new way" uses up a lot more space than the old way.

So my question is, is there a document, standard, etc. that dictates exactly
how the Rating should appear on a Nameplate Label/plate?   Is there anything
wrong or confusing about the Old Way.

Thanks very much for any assistance.

The Other Brian (I hope I don't get kicked off for spoof emails again).
LECO Corporation Notice: This communication may contain confidential
information intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you received this by
mistake, please destroy it and notify us of the error. Thank you.