Hi Scott:

Certification is not a function of the safety standard; it is a function of the
certification house.  Most certification houses would be happy to certify a
low-voltage product.

Keep in mind that the various safety standards also address matters other than
electric shock.  62368-1 has separate clauses that address heat, fire,
stability, etc., so these other matters are clearly visible.  If your EPS is
rated for 4 amps at 12 volts, you have 48 watts available under normal
conditions and probably 100 watts under fault conditions.  Under 62368-1, the
ITE would (should!) be evaluated for both fire and hot accessible parts.

Required by 62368-1?  No.  But, a good idea; it’s easy, relatively fast,
relatively cheap, and keeps the questions from being asked.

Stay safe!

Rich