Dear experts,

I hope you can help me with determination of required clearances.

Product is intended for connection to 3P 480V, 60Hz system, OVCIII.

After Input EMI filter (with SPD) and rectifier, unit has a resonant circuit
which generates high voltages, up to 2300Vpk towards ground (PE).

Main  standard allowes as an alternative option to use UL840 for spacings.

If I go to table 8.1 for required clearances, there in the heading of the table
I need to use only supply voltage (phase to ground voltage). So for this
particular case required clearance between resonant circuit and internal heat
sink connected to ground would be only 3,0mm (phase to ground voltage is <300V).

This table completely ignores measured working voltage. Am I on the right track?

I think this standard only considered impulse withstand voltage for clearances.

Required creepage distance is based on working voltage and this brings high
value, however this is not now the concern.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards
Bostjan