From: MIKE SHERMAN <msherma...@comcast.net>
Sent: 05 October 2022 19:09
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] List of Common Misuses

Brian --

Good to hear from you!

Re your question, it is not clear who the "they" is who is requesting a list of
misuses.

From my working experience, we (on advice of Legal) usually did not try to
compile a list of misuses in the operating manual, on the theory that if a
creative user found another (dangerous) misuse that was not on our list, they
might conclude that it must be safe because it wasn't on our misuse list. We
emphasized how to use our equipment correctly, and what the scope of its
applications were.

However, we would clearly identify in some warnings what not to do where we
perceived that to be a foreseeable misuse.

Hope this helps!

Mike Sherman
Sherman PSC LLC
On 10/05/2022 1:01 PM Brian Kunde