Hi Lauren -

The slides for the December 2021 presentation for the SCV Chapter may be of
some help.

Note that if you want to call the assemblies partly completed machinery you
will have to provide a Declaration that itemizes the hazards that are not
covered by your safety evaluation and must be mitigated in the final
assembled machine, as well as assembly instructions.

If the separate parts will always be shipped in one shipment, then you can
mark them "Box 1 of 5" or similar, but you still need to assemble them
onsite - so that is where the CE Marking will be applied with date of
manufacture.

Lots of bothersome details to work out.  Good luck with controlling your
supply chain and documentation!

Best regards,
John McBain

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html