Hi Tom -

Absolutely, the requirement is "... it complies with this Directive when
properly installed, maintained and used for its intended purpose."  But
what is "it"?

I maintain that "it" is the product that is tested and sold, not all the
possible final configurations in which combinations of "it" might be
found.

The final installer/user, not the manufacturer, would be responsible for
whatever interference might be caused by the in-use combination of multiple
units of compliant products UNLESS the manufacturer sells that combination
as a product.

As an analogy, consider acoustics.  There are regulations and standards for
testing allowable sound levels.  A single product may easily test under the
limit, but if multiple products are installed in a small room, the noise
could be much louder and even exceed permissible levels.  The manufacturer
would not be responsible UNLESS that installation was required or
recommended by the manufacturer.

Best regards,
John McBain

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html