Hi Steve:

More than you need to know about ferrules and UL 508:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B09qSLek8Q

I suspect that few commercially available ferrules are V-0.  I found ferrules
that were nylon or vinyl.  Nylon is HB.

However, UL certifies ferrules, UL 486F.  Para. 6.3.1 a) specifies HB
flammability.

My suggestion is to subject the assembled ferrules to the UL 94 V- test.  The
wire insulation is rated VW-1.  The copper wire will heat-sink the ferrule,
especially if the wire end goes into a terminal.  Assembled, I suspect that an
HB ferrule will pass the V-0 test, or be close enough.  Not much fuel in a
ferrule . Chances are that the ferrule will be completely consumed before the
V-0 test is complete due to the ten 10-second flame applications.

I’ve attached my data sheet for the UL 94 V- tests.  Note that the difference
between V-1 and V-2 is that V-2 has flaming drops that ignite cotton.

Best regards,

Rich