From: sgbrody <sgbr...@comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 1, 2023 5:51 PM
To: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [PSES] PLC password

External Email: Do NOT reply, click on links, or open attachments unless you
recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If you believe this email
may be unsafe, please click on the "Report Phishing" button on the top right of
Outlook.

I have been asked if there is a standard, or comments within s standard, that
discusses giving a customer the password to allow them to reprogram the PLC
when they remove a device and the light curtain that protected it.

I believe, that other than it being a terrible idea, that it would probably
invalidate any approvals the end product had.

The customer is asking for a document that supports my opinion.

I dud suggest that we send a service person to do the change, and not give up
the pw.

Thoughts?

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

<emc-p...@ieee.org<mailto:emc-p...@ieee.org>>

Instructions: http://www.ieee-pses.org/list.html (including how to
List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html

Mike Cantwell <mcantw...@ieee.org<mailto:mcantw...@ieee.org>>

For policy questions, send mail to:
Jim Bacher <j.bac...@ieee.org<mailto:j.bac...@ieee.org>>
David Heald <dhe...@gmail.com<mailto:dhe...@gmail.com>>

LAM RESEARCH CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any
documents, files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it, (collectively,
"E-mail Transmission") may be subject to one or more of the following based on
the associated sensitivity level: E-mail Transmission (i) contains confidential
information, (ii) is prohibited from distribution outside of Lam, and/or (iii)
is intended solely for and restricted to the specified recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the
distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this
message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in
error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original
transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to disk.
Thank you.

Confidential - Limited Access and Use

List rules: http://www.ieee-pses.org/listrules.html