That analogy was not intended, and I’m merely trying to point out that AI is
here to stay and is expected to become a more useful tool in our industry as it
has been proven to be in the medical profession.

From: Douglas Nix <d...@mac.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2023 1:03 PM
To: rmm.priv...@gmail.com
Cc: EMC-PSTC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [PSES] AI & Regulatory Compliance

You cannot compare ChatGPT to a medical AI that has been tailored for a
specific task like medical image analysis. That’s like saying a 1968 Mini
Cooper and Dodge 440 HEMI Charger are comparable because they are both cars.
Nope.

Using ChatGPT to summarize a paper, produce an abstract from uploaded text, or
produce a set of points as a starting point is perfectly fine. You are giving
the software the specific input material from which to generate the output. You
cannot ask it research questions an expect a valid response because ChatGPT has
no parameters for correctness. It only wants to give you a plausible sounding
answer. It will give you an authoritative answer with no reference to anything
resembling truth.

Doug Nix

d...@mac.com <mailto:d...@mac.com>

http://www.dougnix.net

(519) 729-5704

"All animals except man know that the ultimate joy of life is to enjoy it."  --
Samuel Butler

On Oct 10, 2023, at 14:15, Ralph McDiarmid <rmm.priv...@gmail.com