Hi all,

I have a couple of questions related to changing modes for various functions
in my user interface. These use basically the calls within emcsh.

1> If in MDI mode I issue "G92 X0 Y0 Z0", then open a new Gcode file, which
also calls "TaskPlanInit" and sets the mode to Auto, any GCode entered
thereafter reverts to absolute coordinates, rather than as zeroed by the
G92. Is it the TaskPlanInit which does this, or setting mode to Auto? It
seems I have to call TaskPlanInit anytime I load a new Gcode file. There
isn't anything really wrong with this, only what the appropriate sequence is
in opening a new Gcode file and what the expected behavior should be.

2> Similarly, if I issue "S3000 M3" in MDI mode, and then jog an axis which
requires setting the mode to manual, the spindle turns off as soon as I
start to jog. I assume that is from changing the mode from MDI to manual. Is
there a way to issue the jog command which does not stop the spindle.

3> If I have an estop while running a program and the tool is in the
material when the estop occurs, when I try to reapply power the axis will
jump to some commanded position following the estop. Since there is a brake
on Z, which gets set on estop, I cannot manually lift the Z axis from the
material. I have, however, an Estop sense input. Is there a HAL pin I can
assign the estop sense input to so that following a "machine on", no motion
will occur.

While I have not implemented halui, I see it has pins halui.estop.activate
and halui.estop.reset. Would these be the appropriate pins, or is there a
means of achieving the same thing without using halui?

Regards,
Eric