Chris Radek wrote:
[probe moves]

> > It would be nice to be able to set tool length offset this way - but
> > currently there is no way to do that, since lengths need to come
> > from the tool table.

Hmm, I'm still mostly a newbie regarding EMC. But does the above mean
that EMC can't automatically correct for tool length differences unless
you measure these in advance and store them in the tool table?

Furthermore: If the lengths come from the tool table, what exactly keeps
EMC from feeding the detected tool length differences into the tool
table upon detection?

Regards,
Sven