On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 10:51:52PM -0500, Jon Elson wrote:
> So, I decided to update my Bridgeport to the current CVS, and I
> got a HAL error "setp requires 2 arguments, 3 given"
> This was a collection of configs files that worked before.  I
> can't find this 3rd argument, even looked for non-printing chars
> on the line.  Any ideas?

In your .ini file you have an item like
    [AXIS_0]
    INPUT_SCALE=30000 0
and in your .hal file you have a line like
    setp mumble.scale [AXIS_0]INPUT_SCALE
this expands to
    setp mumble.scale 30000 0
which is setp plus 3 arguments.  Nothing in emc uses that second number
anymore, so it should simply be removed:
    [AXIS_0]
    INPUT_SCALE=30000

I will add a note about this to the wiki page where configuration file
incompatabilities are listed:

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?UpdatingConfigurationsForDevelopmentVersions

thanks for reporting this, and I hope you didn't lose too much time
chasing it around.

Jeff