At 08:11 AM 8/21/2007, you wrote:
>On Tuesday 21 August 2007, mgouget wrote:
> >Binding EMC2 to a *real* language seems an *excellent* idea to me.
> >

> >RS274 is an antique language. Adding O words, named parameters and special
> >comments, although very useful when nothing else is available, is only a
> >kludge...
> >
>I highly disagree with that word, its not a 'kludge' but simply is giving
>RS274 the same looping and branching abilities the basic cpu is capable of.

While it works and is way better then not having it and for the price it is
great.
I guess the main thing I don't get is, why the strange syntax, what would
have been wrong with doing IF THEN and IF GOTO branches and WHILE
loops  like other CNC controls?

IF[#105LE0.0]GOTO8998
IF[#110LE0]GOTO8998
(Do stuff)
N8998

IF[]THEN#101=0.0005

WHILE[]DO1
(Do stuff)
WHILE[]DO2
(Do stuff)
WHILE[]DO3
(Do stuff)
END3
END2
END1

I get the feeling that not much research is done into how this stuff has
been done in the past.
Why reinvent the wheel?