I'm watching the table. I know the jog is working as if it were the tool
but my mind seems to want to think in terms of which way the table
moves. Also, the inconsistency between the X&Y axes and the Z axis often
confuses me (i.e. the arrow keys work reversed w.r.t. the table but the
page down button brings the Z axis down) and I'm apt to run the tool
into the work accidentally. The work I am doing is tiny and so are the
distances I'm moving (like 6mm or less most of the time) so, if I
accidentally send an axis the wrong way on continuous jog thinking I'm
going to send the tool away from the work, I can easily wipe out yet
another 0.3mm carbide drill before the axis grinds to a halt! :-(      I
just think I might get on better if the axes buttons were reversed - I
could always change them back if not.

I've just been drilling 0.4mm holes in a couple of 1mm ball bearings -
now there's a fun occupation!!! and no, I'm not aiming to shoot a
Russian spy in the leg with an umbrella gun......

Best wishes,

Ian
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield  UK

"The difference between theory and practice is much smaller in theory
than in practice..."

--
Best wishes,

Ian