Please excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask but...

Is there a way to change the increment used when manually increasing or
decreasing (F12 & F11) spindle speed in AXIS?  In other words, if I want
my spindle set to 1000 RPM I have to hold down F12 for quite some time
to get it up to speed.  If there were a scale value of some sorts that I
could set to 100, then I'd hit F12 ten times and be done.  I've searched
the documentation and couldn't find anything relevant.

Also, an oddity I've discovered now that my spindle is under EMC's
control is that when I hit the minus key the spindle stops.  For
instance, when in MDI mode, I enter the commands:

1: M3S1000
2: G1X0.5Y-0.75

The spindle stops spinning when I hit the minus key following "Y" on line 2.

I'm using EMC 2.1.7 on Ubuntu 6.06, installed from the repositories.

Thanks in advance,
Stan