Hello
  1. Does anyone have a source of info that I can access to learn how and what
I need for controlling a machine tool spindle?
  I have searched the net and came up empty.
  I have a Wells Index knee mill running Emc2 and the 80's vintage mill uses
magnetic starters forward and reverse.
  I would like to explore spindle control for rigid tapping and I also would
like to retro a lathe with Emc2.
  2. I am curious about double step that Jeff Epler came up with and how it has
tested out using Gecko drives?
  My setup uses 28000 BASE_PERIOD and a 25000 INPUT_SCALE and it nets me 38 IPM.
  My Dell has a latency of about 18200 and I currently use DIR hold of 2
Periods to get the 20us hold time required by the Gecko drive.
  The rapid speed isn't a great big deal to me,but if I can double that I would
be pleased.
  I have never ran another PC based controller ,Fanuc,Yasnac,Mazatrol,and I
will be the first to sing the praises EMC2, great job !

   Thanks again Al Smart