xtra209 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Updating emc2 seems impossible without an internet connection on the
> machine. Is this true?
I am sure it is possible to do it by downloading files to some
portable media, but please don't ask me to tell you how!
> So far the only way I have successfully updated emc2 is to wait for the
> Live CD and reinstall. Am I missing something or is this just the way it
> is?
>
> And, can a future Live CD include a gcc compiler?
I'm pretty sure we could fit JUST the gcc compiler on the CD,
but to put all the delevoper files required to compile EMC2 on
the CD definitely would not fit.  Maybe somebody could bundle
all these up and put them on a CD.  I think I actually know
enough to do this one.  (Gulp, have I just volunteered?)

Jon