Kirk Wallace <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I had an interference problem that was corrected by putting a filter on
> the power input to the spindle VFD (HNC lathe). Only the spindle index
> was showing a problem. I am thinking that different systems have
> different thresholds of susceptibility. Maybe the source of your problem
> has a threshold characteristic.

Kirk,

This seems to me to be purely a problem related to double-step/stepconf.
Everything runs fine with my old configs. It is only when I use the stepconf
generated configs (now modified) that the problem shows up. I am trying to
identify what stepconf/double-step does that will allow 2 axii with the same
configuration to have one run and one not.

Old configs -- With the acceleration set at 30, I can reach 90ipm on both axii
(x and Y). With acceleration set at 20, I can reach 120ipm on both axii. So for
purpose of trying to figure out stepconf, I have set the acceleration at 20 and
the max-vel at 90ipm (1.5ips).

With the new configs Y performs exactly the same way but x just sits there.
Actually when I am trying to jog the x, if I hold the jog button down
continuously x will sometimes make a single step (maybe once every 15 or twenty
seconds).

Alan