Just a quickie.

Can anyone recommend a UK supplier of stepper motors and associated drive
electronics?
eg just add mill, and computer running EMC.

Mill is a light / middleweight Pinnacle universal job, XYZ travels are 400,
180, 150 mm with
quill head having separate raise / lower facility and rotation about X and Y
axes too.

Buying a DRO today with GS500 series glass scales (5 micron) from
www.machine-dro.co.uk
so will hopefully be able to use output from linear scales as direct input into
EMC computer,
(phase 2 of the upgrade) max rapid speed of the scales is allegedly vastly in
excess of
anything I could need, so don't need 740 watt steppers...  X table may weigh
200 lbs and
perhaps another 150 for Y table, not trying to pull high G accelerations and a
rapid of 300
mm per minute would be double what I'd be happy with.

On a budget of course (aren't we all) but definitely prepared to pay a little
more for something
not prone to glitches such as interference on power rails etc causing missed
steps.

Doing it this way appeals to me for two reasons.

1/ redundancy, can use linear scales with either EMC computer or standalone DRO
at will.

2/ eliminates backlash and screw mapping etc, linear scales will measure actual
position of
tables and quill.

many thanks in advance.