On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:05:12PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> This is something that I configured the last time I ran stepconf, so
> theoretically, all I should have to do is hook it up and go unless theres a
> bug in stepconf or I have some duff hardware.  These are pins that have not
> been previously utilized.

It looks like this is a bug in stepconf.  An incorrect value is written
for pwmgen.0.offset.  When the sample calibration values shown in
stepconf are used unaltered, it's necessary to enter an RPM number of
around S156000 to get PWM output.

For the time being, you can fix this by hand-calculating (or finding by
trial-and-error) the right value and placing it in a custom.hal file.

I intend to fix this for the next bugfix release of emc2.  In that case,
you'll be able to correct your .hal file simply by re-running stepconf.

Jeff