Glenn R. Edwards wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Awhile back, EMC2 v2.1.1, I was successful in commanding EMC2 from a
> terminal window using commands such as 'telnet localhost 5007' and
> 'axis-remote'.  'Telnet' opens a variety of commands to EMC2 (through
> emcrsh) and 'axis-remote' allows shutdown (and a just few others).  Now,
> with v2.2.3, telnet is not working.  Here is what I get (I first start 'emc'
> in another terminal):
>
> ~$ telnet localhost 5007
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> ~$
This most certainly is not an EMC problem, but a network setup
problem.  Chances are you don't have telnet server running on
the EMC machine.  Telnet is a pretty deprecated service, and may
not be enabled by default anymore.  Can you use ssh?  ssh is
served by the sshd daemon, I forget what the name of the telnet
daemon is (inetd, xinetd ?)

On the EMC machine, type :

telnet localhost

If you get the same "refused" message, the machine is not
serving telnet requests, and you'll have to enable the server.
I don't know enough about the way you set up your system to
advise further.

Jon