None, really.

If you have EMC2 2.2.5 (that's the latest version in the 6.06
repositories), then you have the latest EMC2.  There is no reason to
move to Ubuntu 8.04 for a working system, unless there's some hardware
in the PC that doesn't work with 6.06 but does with 8.04.  (Assuming you
actually need that hardware).  Updated EMC2 packages will continue to be
released for 6.06 at least until next year, since Ubuntu will still be
supporting it until then.

- Steve