Sorry if this is a bit OT, but I'm stuck. I have EMC2 running and my CNC
machine assembled and now it's time to try cutting. I want to focus on
wax and wood and start with some pine. I'm using a Dremel for the spindle.

I've been reading the CNC forums and various websites but I cannot
figure out what kind of endmills I need. Can anyone give me some
pointers? Is there a beginner's guide on the web somewhere? All I want
to do at this stage is:

   - cut objects in pine

   - expect to break a few endmills so looking for cheap

   - want to avoid junk endmills

   - not sure when you would use a ballnose mill

   - difference between endmills for roughing and finishing

I expect to be cutting parts that are perhaps 20 - 30mm on each side
with the smallest feature perhaps 2mm. My scrap pine for testing is 3/4"
thick so I guess I have to do some pocketing before cutting.

thanks, Andy

--
Andy
PGP Key ID: 0xDC1B5864