Thanks Chris and Jon,

Because I've rebooted the PC twice since the problem, I no longer have
an Xorg log file for when the problem happened. So I'll wait until it
shows up again and then take a look.

I didn't touch the keyboard - I was watching the CNC machine when it
happened the first time, then I let EMC2 run some g-code over and over
again (no machine attached) and while I was out on errands it happened
again.

Running memtest86+ now.

Andy

--