Hello, my name is Richard, and i´have bought a 7i43 board, wich i hope to use on a home made drilling machine.

I´m stuck on the first steps, i have connected this board using parallel port cable, set jumpers according to what manual says, so, now i don't know what else to do.

I have been reading about upload a firmware, i don't know how to do this, and where to obtain it.

I want to use 3 servos and 3 linear encoders.
As i've read this should be my chossen config:

regmap        HostMot2 register map
sv8.pin        8 Axis servo motor configuration pinout
sv8b.bit       Bit file for 8 axis servo motor configuration 400K

So... whath should i do now?, where to put this files?, how to upload hostmot2 firmware?, how to tell EMC2 than i'm using this board.

Can anyone send an example?... or an easy to understand step by step guide?, i know some about linux, but at an user level.

Thanks in advance.