Евгений Александрович wrote:
 > I do not think then VMWare is a problem.
 > Linux does not know than VMWare is not real machine.
 > May be only unstable CPU resource .......

I think Dirk has it correct. Even if it would work - VM will be pulling
interrupts in background and
the whole reason of using a realtime kernel is to prevent interrupts.

If the machine was fast enough and the demand was low enough, it is possible
you could get away with
it, but for safety and sanity it pays to keep the computer controlling
movements as simple and
unencumbered as possible.

Karl Schmidt                         EMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Transtronics, Inc.                     WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                    Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                     FAX (785) 841-0434

Biographies are but the clothes and buttons of the man.
The biography of the man himself cannot be written. -- Mark Twain