On Tuesday 23 September 2008, Alex Joni wrote:
> That is correct. 2.6.24-16-rtai is the latest available. It is usually such
> a big pain to build a working -rt version that works on as many PCs as
> possible,

Rubbish, perpeptuating the myth that compiling kernels is some black art..
Very few configuration options cause problems, and these are well documented.
Patching a kernel takes less than a minute, and even after pulling a kernel
config from an earlier version, building a kernel package takes thirty
minutes or so (for a single flavour).

 A bash script to automate the task is only a couple of lines, maybe six if
you are uploading to a "proper" Debian repository.

> that I don't really consider building new versions unless there
> are really serious updates/problems.

In the last couple of weeks there have been, what, three reports ?

> If there is someone out there who wants to contribute by doing this job,
> then we'll be happy to hear so.

Four i386 flavours along with associated header and support packages, 30
seconds to trigger the build script. A couple of hours of CPU time, job done.