Hi all,

Found it. With the Hardy install, it does not set the rtai kernel as the
default kernel. So by default it is booting the ...-19-generic kernel. The
rtai kernel must be explicitly selected at boot time in order to run EMC.

Regards,
Eric

I just tried to install EMC to Hardy and am getting a similar if not the
same error. This is what appears to be wrong:

insmod: can't read '/usr/realtime-2.6.24-19-generic/modules/rtai_hal.ko': No
such file or directory

There is no /usr/realtime-2.6.24-19-generic folder. I checked the
/usr/bin/emc script, and it correctly sets:
EMC2_RTLIB_DIR=/usr/realtime-2.6.24-16-rtai/modules/emc2

Where is the path coming from used by insmod?