From: Eric H. Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2008 2:00 PM
To: 'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)'
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Problem after installation of EMC2 on Ubuntu 8.04

Hi all,

Found it. With the Hardy install, it does not set the rtai kernel as the
default kernel. So by default it is booting the ...-19-generic kernel. The
rtai kernel must be explicitly selected at boot time in order to run EMC.

Regards,
Eric

I just tried to install EMC to Hardy and am getting a similar if not the
same error. This is what appears to be wrong:

insmod: can't read '/usr/realtime-2.6.24-19-generic/modules/rtai_hal.ko': No
such file or directory

There is no /usr/realtime-2.6.24-19-generic folder. I checked the
/usr/bin/emc script, and it correctly sets:
EMC2_RTLIB_DIR=/usr/realtime-2.6.24-16-rtai/modules/emc2

Where is the path coming from used by insmod?

9:23 AM