I believe that Jeff is correct. My recollection is that the reason for
the screwed up number in the error message is that the number is a
pointer to the string containing the named o-word.

In the process of incremental implementation, work was done on the code
before some of the error conditions.

I believe that in the development version, the error messages have been
fixed. If not, filing a bug report is the only sure way to see that the
existence of a bug isn't forgotten.

Regards,

Ken

Jeff Epler wrote:
> As far as I can tell, named subroutines aren't in 2.2.x.  (they're in
> the development version, and your test program works there)
>
> However, I'm not sure why you don't get an error at the first line with
> "o<".  That should be fixed to give a clear error message instead.
>
> Jeff

Kenneth Lerman
Mark Kenny Products Company, LLC
55 Main Street