There should be a gain parameter you can set.
What kind of hardware do you use to generate the analog voltage?

Regards,
Alex

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Arnold Riter CNC" <[email protected]>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] servo reverse


I tried with a negative value for the scale. That is Ok, since I can
read the encoder correctly now, but it's needed to reverse the analog
signal for the servo speed control.

I solved it temporary by modifying the drive internal parameters, but I
don't like to modify it, because I will use the drive for two project.

Coud you tell me how to change the analog signal (+10 -10) to (-10 to
+10) ? since a negative scale needs to invert the analog signal I think.

Regards

Arnold

Stephen Wille Padnos escribió:
> Stuart Stevenson wrote:
>
>
>> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 4:04 PM, Arnold Riter CNC
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>>> Hello to everybody,
>>>
>>> I'd like to thanks you all for the information which make me able to
>>> carry out the conversion of a BF20 mill to CNC.
>>> I've been using cnc for a while with windows based program, and emc2.
>>> When I decided to use servos in my last project , it was clear for me
>>> that the option of EMC2 will be the best, and already tested the machine
>>> I can said that I am very pleased with EMC2+Linux
>>>
>>> I've used brushless servo + 5i20 mesa card + 7i33 + 7i37
>>> I'm very happy with the mesa cards, I can read the encoders with no
>>> problems at all from the first time, and all the system are very very
>>> fast and reliable.
>>>
>>> I'm finishing the work and I need your help, so the question is:
>>>
>>> I need to reverse the way of one servo turn, but I wouldn't like to
>>> modify the wiring, so, is it possible  to change any software part like
>>> the hal file? If possible could you give me a clue how to do that?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> you should be able to reverse the sign of the scale in the .ini file and
>> then reverse the connections (in .hal file) for the encoder
>>
>>
>>
> The encoder should be connected to a Mesa encoder input, so reversing
> the signals isn't possible in a .hal file.
>
> You can certainly change the sign of the encoder scale though :)
>
> - Steve
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> Emc-users mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Internal Virus Database is out of date.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.9.18/1849 - Release Date: 15.12.2008 
09:01


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to