I am attempting to run my first GCode program under EMC and am seeing
something strange.

I am using the Axis interface.   When I click on the spindle start
button (the circle arrow) the spindle starts.  When I click the stop
button the spindle stops just as I would expect.

When I start a program however, the spindle stops and the start button
grays out.

Any ideas on what's happening?  What do I have mis-configured?

Thanks,

- Michael Jones