>On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 23:41  Chris Radek wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 08:34:56PM -0700, Michael Jones wrote:
> > May need clarification.
> >
> > When I hit the play button to start executing the gcode.. the spindle
> > turns off..
> >
> > - Michael
>
> There are several answers to your question, but I think the best one
> is you're just missing the M code to turn the spindle on at the
> beginning of your program.  You program something like
>
> S1000 M3
>
> if you want 1000 RPM.
>
> Another answer is that this (turning off the spindle when switching
> modes) is a goofy default that is now fixed in the upcoming EMC2.3.

Also - take note that the value of S is defaulted at 0 if you haven't
programmed a value to it, so both parts of Sxxxx M3 are required.  (Learned
that one the hard way..cussed up a storm for a while till it dawned on me
that the spindle was turning at the speed I ordered it to - zero!).

Greg
www.distinctperspectives.com