Which version of the mutouch driver are you using?  According to the Ubuntu
Hardy (didn't see a mention of which version of Ubuntu you are running
either so I am making an assumption) link I googled
(http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/xserver-xorg-input-mutouch) the current
version is 1.1.0-3 with dependencies on libc6 >= ver 2.6.1-1 and
xserver-xorg-core >= ver 2:1.4.  What versions are those?

Looking back and seeing that you originally installed the evtouch driver I
googled that and found the Ubuntu package page on that
http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/xserver-xorg-input-evtouch - you may find
more details there.  There are several dependencies there as well.

HTH!

Greg
www.distinctperspectives.com

http://stz-softwaretechnik.com/~ke/touchscreen/evtouch.html

> >>That page describes changes you should see in /etc/X11/xorg.conf after
> >>installation. That's where changes need to be made for X-Windows
> >>configuration.
> >
> >Done all that prior to asking here :(
> >
> >The changes are there, the applet isn't. I was wondering if it was some
> >change made by EMC install that was preventing it appearing.
>
> Further to that, I used a different driver, used the mutouch which is
> bundled with Ubuntu and managed to find and use a third party
> calibration program.
>
> Bad news, Y axis is reversed, seems a very common problem and there is a
> fix with a later driver, but it seems that the old buggy driver is
> bundled with EMC? The later driver has SwapX and SwapY true/false
> parameters in the xorg.conf file -  they have no effect on the emc
> release?
>
> Steve Blackmore
> --

> Are you an open source citizen? Join us for the Open Source Bridge
conference!
> Portland, OR, June 17-19. Two days of sessions, one day of unconference:
$250.
> Need another reason to go? 24-hour hacker lounge. Register today!

http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;215844324;13503038;v?http://opensourcebridge.o
rg