Rainer Schmidt wrote:
>> I have a board that maintains encoder feedback to the PC so that Gecko
>> 320 servo drives can be powered down without loss of position.
>>

> That's smart! I can't do that. The servo drives are doing it all....
> Dumb PC had no clue where it is. Then again, I am running Windows with
> that OTHER system on it... Not EMC as I do on the stepper system. Time
> to look at the servo stuff in EMC.

There are so many things that can go subtly wrong in a CNC machine, you
really want to have the best diagnostic capability possible.  Today, the
cost of that is no longer very high.  And, being able to do extensive
servo performance testing and tuning using the PC itself as the test
instrument, when you first set it up is wonderful.

And, Mach was never designed with that in mind.

Jon