I'm writing some gcode programs for my lathe and I have a couple of
questions.

I'm doing a basic shoulder, turning along the length of the work piece in
the -Z direction to a point, then moving in the +X direction to make the
square shoulder.

1) Should I be using one of the exact modes, G61 or G61.1?  What's the
difference between Exact Path and Exact Stop mode?
2) When the tool reaches the corner, should I dwell to allow the work piece
to spin so I can cut at this position around the entire circumference.  I
assume I do this as a side effect when manually turning because I am so
slow.

Thanks,
Frank