If the GUI latency test gives a result of how EMC will perform I always
wondered if "abusing the computer" during the test does not result in an
overly conservative number. I never use the computer that is running EMC
with any other program until the parts are done. (Am I the only one?) There
can be a dramatic difference between the latency test running by itself or
the test running with everything else we may be doing with the computer at
the same time. On a side note I have just started testing a Dell Optiplex
GX520. When you first start the computer during the first 4 minutes there
are two 250,000 spikes in the test with or without SMI. So far they do not
repeat again even after the computer is on for several hours. Have had
similar results in the 120,000 range with a Optiplex GX260  that I am using
on a mill without any problems. May not be an issue, just have to warm the
computer up before cutting!

Rick