I'm also an Alibre user. Some years ago I got the free version of Alibre
Express. I found it to be just what I needed -- until they "upgraded"
it. Then it stopped supporting creation of two dimensional drawings from
3-D models.

I recently bought the current version ($97 I think) before they required
that you buy the one year maintenance. It is an excellent product. The
free CAM version doesn't support 2-D profiling. The only output mode it
seems to support is a raster scan where it moves up and down on the Z axis.

It does support outputting DXF files. The free version of CAMBAM can
input those files and generate just what I need. (I think that's the way
I made the combination work -- it's been a while.)

Ken

--
Kenneth Lerman
55 Main Street