On Monday 29 March 2010, John Figie wrote:
>Years ago when with my first homemade CNC that used leadscrews I found
> that I could get better results if after cutting the circle I then cut it
> again but in the opposite direction.  You may get much better results
> because the cutting forces in the opposite direction will be opposite for
> each 90 degree segment of the circle.
>
>John Figie

I didn't resort to that when I was cutting the bearing sockets for the
thrust bearings in the alu blocks for my new Z axis for my HF micromill.  I
had them in and out several times and finally got them aligned to the holes
I'd drilled for the grease fittings.  I did have it all snugged up and was
using around 2.5 thou of backlash comp in the x/y at the time.  I could see
the artifact, but could not feel it, and the bearings in and outs pretty
well polished it away.  The fit was pretty snug, taking at least 100 pounds
to insert or remove them.  I should have taken some pix when it was apart I
guess, but didn't.

Cheers, Gene

But what can you do with it?
        -- ubiquitous cry from Linux-user partner