On Sat, 15 May 2010 07:31:08 -0500, you wrote:

>I think there is an interest in this because I think it's a good
>feature.
>However, as the work around is fairly simple the priority for
>creating this feature would be low.

Work around simple? Please tell.

I turn nylon pretty regularly. It has a nasty habit of stringing around
the tool and work and a feed hold and jog is necessary to remove it
during a run. How do I do that without stopping and using run from here?

Another example, I break an insert, simple to feed hold and jog clear,
stop spindle, change insert, start spindle and continue. Can't be done
without a run from here unless you know differently.

Les Newell's fix for jog during tool change works brilliantly, it's
essential for those using collets for tool holding and has been
available since July 2009 but wasn't included in V2.4 -  why not?

> From EMC's perspective I am not sure how hard it is to get it
>implemented,

Seems very difficult :(

Steve Blackmore