On 06/14/2010 07:44 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 15, 2010 04:07:49 am Viesturs Lācis wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I see exe and zip files available for download from the provided link
>> http://code.google.com/p/dxf2gcode/
>> These are files for windows.
>>
>> So that is why I wanted to ask - how do You install on Linux?
>>
>> with best regards,
>>
>> Viesturs
> If you want a short cut to running the program create a file called d2g with
> the following contents (changing the second line to reflect where you have
> placed the dxf2gcode program files)

A shorter shortcut would be an alias in .bashrc like this:
alias d2g='/usr/local/bin/dxf2gcode'

To make that happen one could
echo "alias d2g='/usr/local/bin/dxf2gcode'" >> .bashrc
and execute
. .bashrc
while in home directory; needed only until the reboot.

Another possibility is a link like this:
cd /usr/local/bin
ln -s dxf2gcode d2g

No need for additional script at all. _cd_ in scripts is not needed in
general; full path does the same thing. It is needed when creating tar
with certain structure for example.

> #!/bin/bash
> cd /your/path/to/dxf2gcode
> ./dxf2gcode_b02.py 2>/dev/null&
>
> Copy the file (d2g)  to the /usr/local/bin directory and make it executable
>
> sudo cp d2g /usr/local/bin/
> sudo chmod 775 /usr/local/bin/d2g
>
> Now you can execute the program from anywhere by typing d2g
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Watch for the script to have lines properly terminated with LF instead
of CRLF as I see it too often causing troubles in Unix.

--
Rafael