On 7/24/2010 5:10 AM, Andy Pugh wrote:
> On 24 July 2010 06:48, Sebastian Kuzminsky<s...@highlab.com>  wrote:
>

>> We don't have a reliable realtime kernel yet for Lucid.
>>
> What is unreliable about the experimental kernel? As in, does it not
> work reliably, or does it not reliably work?

Mozmck's kernel works fine on Intel based dual core motherboards, the
Intel 330 based boards and D510 boards.   I have also run it with
success on a Celeron dual core CPU which was a derivative of the Core2
Duo family, so I suspect the Core2 Duo CPUs work fine
with it as well.

I have it running on two production machines without any issues..

It is much faster, and just a general improvement over the Ubuntu 9.10
build that I was using before.

I have found that EMC2, the latest versions, run just fine on an Intel
330 based, even when using a software based step and direction drive
interface if you don't need to do 35+ khz.

It seems like the more powerful, 4+ core CPUs have more problems from
what I have heard.

Dave