If nothing is really wrong, you can find out by using the fg command
from a terminal.
Open a terminal and type:

fg whatever_axis_real_name_is_here

Nobody that uses EMC was on IRC tonight and I'm too lazy to walk to
the basement to
see if Axis is really named axis, so you'll have to figure that part
out for yourself
Eric