Stuart:

Didn't Cradek just do this?? ... the tach simulation with some Mesa
controls on his Mori Jr mill?

So your drives do not require the commutation signals that on some Fanuc
systems was derrived from the encoder on the motor via the controls??

I never really fully understood the Fanuc commutation dilemma as I don't
have any Fanuc equipped machines.  Skyko used to sell a little converter
board that would make the commutation signals for a Fanuc drive based on
the rotor position that
was detected by the motor encoder.

I know that was an issue on some retrofits.

Dave